Creating a beautiful yard is easy, and there are a million and one ideas that can be considered as you transform and beautify your property. Trees, shrubs, flowers, mulch, fencing, stone and lighting are just a few common examples of ways to enhance the way your yard looks and feels. Whether you are looking for something that is decorative or functional, it is important to consider creating a space that is friendly for children as well.
Good landscaping does not have to be expensive or complicated, and incorporating children in the mix is equally simple. You want to make a space that will give them room to move, play and burn off excess energy without damaging your new design. Working with a design specialist or planning your own is your decision to make, but it is important to have a plan before you implement any kind of scheme so that you will end up with a yard that is suited for your lifestyle and expectations. Think about how you can make a space that is ideal for kids as well as adults, and you will be surprised at how much more time everyone will end up spending outside.
Points to consider when landscaping with children in mind:
1. Is the area safe? Can children run around in the area and be relatively safe from sharp or hard objects? Is the ground layered with tanbark or something soft?
2. Is the area stimulating to a child’s senses? Is there things to climb and walk under?
3. Is the area low maintenance? The last thing you want is an outdoor area that needs to be maintained on a regular basis. Take a look at local parks and play equipment for low maintenance ideas.
4. Is the area created so that both a 4 year old and a 12 year old would enjoy it? This means you don’t have to constantly change your design as your child or children grow older.
5. And finally, is the area a great space for children and adults alike? Creating such an area can be challenging, but well worth it for the whole family.
Make good use of your yard and outdoor space, and always keep children in mind as you are coming up with your design. It is a good idea to have a place where they can be free to play, imagine and explore, and you will be amazed at how easy it is to turn your yard in to a beautiful, cozy and inviting place for everyone in the family to truly enjoy. Learn more about how you can develop your yard in to a beautiful and lush paradise while making something special for kids to enjoy as well by visiting Country Cubbies – Australia’s leading cubby house manufacturer.